- Continuing Education
- About Us
- Sedation Regulations
Team Tools for Sedation
Sharpen Your Skills in a Convenient Online Course
This online course is an introduction to the sedation office for team members and doctors. Attendees will gain an understanding of the important role that team members play in running an efficient, effective and safe sedation office. Attendees will walk away from this course with a firm grasp of the signs and symptoms of dental phobia; the unique legal requirements for treating sedation patients; the types and components of a new patient sedation appointment; the steps and processes for required and recommended sedation documentation, monitoring and dismissal.
Four Reasons to Take Team Training:
- Learn how the experts set up and run an efficient sedation office.
- Gain an understanding of the unique legal requirement for treating sedation patients, including the information you need to get from the patient in the pre-treatment workup, required and recommended documentation and patient monitoring.
- Find out how to adjust your scheduling for the different types of new patient and all-day sedation appointments.
- Understand the principles behind effective sedation office systems and the roles that team members play in supporting the doctor and patients.
Course topics include:
- Signs and symptoms of dental phobia
- New patient sedation appointment scheduling
- Required and recommended documentation
- Appointment monitoring and dismissal
- Emergency preparedness
- Office systems
3.5 PACE AGD-approved CE hours
Who Should Take this Course?
This class is intended for team members who need first-time or refresher training on running and working in an efficient sedation office. Doctors who take this course will gain insight into how his/her team can support and improve sedation services.
All sales are final
Purchase this course today to gain valuable online training.
(Purchase grants access for one year.)
April Burus is a seasoned dental professional boasting over fifteen years in the dental industry. Ms. Burus has spent the majority of the past decade working in her hometown of Lexington, KY, with Dr. Anthony Feck, Dean of Faculty for DOCS Education. Her hands-on, collaborative management style creates a comfortable and efficient working environment that benefits patients and co-workers alike. Ms. Burus teaches course attendees the finely-tuned communication skills necessary for success in a sedation dental office. Her effective techniques translate directly into positive results for all who participate.
All DOCS Education programs are AGD/PACE-approved courses.
DOCS Education consists of over 3,000 members committed to offering safe dentistry to all patients, including those suffering from anxiety. DOCS Education graduates have safely treated over 2 million patients across the United States and Canada. Since it's estimated 30 percent of people fear the dentist, many individuals remain to be helped. That's why DOCS Education frequently updates its courses and information.